About this 3dprint Company – Algix3D
January 9, 2017 Press Release
- Summary of your business
- ALGIX 3D. Engineered to Perform. High performance. Environmentally Sustainable. 3D Printing Filament and Resin.
- In April of 2014, ALGIX ventured into the 3D printing and additive manufacturing (AM) industries. Already having the vertical integration within their facility for bio-plastics processing, expanding into producing resins and filaments for 3D printing was a fairly easy move. ALGIX 3D produces some of the highest quality, high performance, and environmentally sustainable materials for this industry.
- ALGIX 3D currently has four materials on the market, available in filament and resin pellet form:
- APLA – Advanced PLA – PLA that can take the heat. (video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj0zZOSQgtY)
- ALGA – Algae filled filament – From pond to printer.
- DURA – High performance material – Tough and durable. (video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FvHKFpcrI)
- OMNI – Replacement for ABS – All purpose filament. (video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfxOERxO4tQ)
- YOGA – Coming soon! – A compostable flexible filament.
- What makes your product superior than your competitors (list your competitors)
- ALGIX 3D materials are all extremely high quality, high performance and environmentally sustainable. Because we are firstly a bio-plastics company, we have extensive in-house R&D facilities and quality control. Once our R&D team develops an environmentally sustainable material that has the material properties needed to fill a gap in the 3D printing industry, our production, logistics and quality control teams get moving to bring this material to the market quite quickly.
- We have been called the ColorFabb of the US…….really any filament or materials company is a competitor to us, but we believe that competition is what fuels innovation! The more quickly we all innovate the 3D materials market, the more quickly various projects and ideas can come to fruition.
- Who are the founders of your company? And what inspired them to start this business?*
- Our company was founded by the leadership of our parent company ALGIX, primarily Mr. Mike Van Drunen and Mr. Ryan Hunt. Our Board of Directors was also involved in choosing to fund ALGIX 3D, and they see the great potential that this industry has. As stated above, having a facility for bio-plastics processing, expanding into producing resins and filaments for 3D printing was a fairly easy move. With their dedication to excellence in science and engineering, the ALGIX team knew they could be successful in developing and producing materials for the 3D printing and AM markets. (Meet the team in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DUp4ntt5aw)
- Why should customers buy your products? *
- Customers should buy ALGIX 3D products, because they are higher quality than other materials on the market, they provide the material performance characteristics that users are looking to for various projects, and all of the materials are better for users and better for the environment.
- ALGIX 3D materials are put through a rigorous quality control process, implementing: polymer science professionals expertise, dual axis micrometer measuring systems, physical and chemical lab testing, SOPs, real time SPC analysis, Lean Six Sigma processes, and 5S practices. (Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gufekwe6dU)
- Each ALGIX 3D material is perfect for a different type of printing project. APLA is great for standard projects where PLA would be used, but APLA has the advantage of being able to be post annealed to make the final part much stronger than regular PLA. ALGA filament is perfect for projects where a natural aesthetic is desirable. DURA is a performance material that is a great fit for prints that may need to have some impact resistance. OMNI has the same material properties as ABS, but it does not have the toxic fumes like ABS.
- All ALGIX 3D materials are environmentally sustainable, compostable and non-toxic. This means they are better for the environment and better for the user, making them safe to use in schools, businesses and enclosed rooms.
- Where do you see your company in 5 years? *
- In 5 years, we see ALGIX 3D as an industry leader in sustainable filaments and resin pellets for the 3D printing and additive manufacturing markets. Because of our vertical integration and co-location with our parent company ALGIX, we are positioned to grow with the industry and maintain the production capacity needed to service our current and future customers.
- Where do you see the 3D Printing Industry heading towards? *
- At ALGIX 3D, we believe that 3D printing technology has a large capacity to change individuals’ lives and entire industries. We anticipate that there will be new inventions and ways of doing things that will be made possible through 3D printing… things that have never even been thought of before! Having more children exposed to 3D printers in schools, libraries and their homes will serve as a teaching tool about technology, but as many people alive now have always had access to computers, these children will grow up with this technology available to them from their first years. These children will bring about many technologies and ideas of the future, because they will never know the old restraints of manufacturing.