p>The original is still the best! world’s first carbon fiber PLA was kick started by protoplant more than 2 years ago. Others try, but can’t match the quality and ease of printing experience afforded by this product. try a mammoth 3kg spool for large format printing! 1.75mm diameter 3kg spools contain more than 1 KM of filament! How cool is that!!
proto-pasta carbon fiber PLA is based on our easy printing, high quality PLA. Made from the highest quality, dry ingredients and extruded with care in our Washington facility on our own purpose-built extrusion systems. Cf Pla prints are demonstrably more rigid with easy processing (often using standard PLA settings) and support removal. Excellent layer adhesion and minimal warpage even without a heated bed make this a great everyday exotic for accurate parts. Layer lines disappear with the beautiful matte Black finish. Also has a slight sheen due to the embedded carbon making it very photogenic!
contact Proto-pasta for more information.
- Stiffer than normal PLA with better Dimensional stability for warp-free printing, excellent layer adhesion, and easy support removal
- Matte Black finish on prints that hides layer lines for more attractive Printed parts
- Processing is comparable to standard PLA. No heated bed required. Process may be less consistent on smaller nozzles (<.4mm) and/or bowden Type machines
- We recommend printing this material at 190c-230c using a 4 mm or larger nozzle. Please Note that this filament is more brittle than normal PLA and requires more careful handling to prevent breaking
- Designed and manufactured in the USA with quality and customer service as a top priorities. Usa sourced packaging and labor